F1 driver files police complaint against Montreal woman

Kimi Raikkonen is alleging extortion and harassment by a woman who claims he grabbed her breast

F1 star Kimi Raikkonen has filed a complaint with Montreal police alleging extortion and harassment by a woman who claims he grabbed her breast at a bar during Grand Prix weekend in 2016.

The allegations against the Ferrari driver are detailed in a blog item by the Montreal woman, who doesn’t name Raikkonen explicitly in the post.

RELATED: Afghan vet alleges sexual misconduct against NDP MP Christine Moore

The alleged victim, who was working as a waitress, accuses him of grabbing her breast and a member of his entourage of touching her genitals as she tried to get them to settle a bar tab.

A member of the F1 pilot’s legal team who did not want to be named told The Canadian Press on Tuesday that Raikkonen denies the allegations and claims to not know the woman or have touched her.

But a lawyer for the woman says her client is devastated and feels side-swiped and shocked by the Finnish driver’s legal manoeuvre.

“Our position is pretty simple,” said lawyer Jamie Benizri of Legal Logik, the firm representing the woman. ”Faced with allegations of this nature, we’re obviously shocked, disturbed that this would be the response.”

Benizri wouldn’t disclose the woman’s age or the amount of money being sought, but the representative of Raikkonen’s legal team described it as extremely high.

The woman’s lawyer also wouldn’t comment on the public blog posts that outline the allegations.

RELATED: NDP MP Erin Weir ousted amid harassment allegations

But he pushed back against the allegation of blackmail, saying it was “a little more graceful than an offer to settle for cash.”

“What we were looking for was an opportunity to sit down, what we were looking for was an opportunity to come to terms with what had happened to my client,” Benizri said.

“Unfortunately, that was completely misconstrued and I think they jumped the gun to defend themselves or potentially thwart an imminent action.”

Benizri said his client will collaborate with investigators and provide her version of events to police.

He said no motions have been filed in court and adds that no course of action has been ruled out.

Raikkonen’s representative claimed the demands in April and earlier this month were “aggressive” with a threat to go public.

The complaint against the Montreal resident with police was filed Monday on behalf of Raikkonen, who is being represented by a Montreal law firm.

City police said they would not comment.

Raikkonen, 38, is competing in the F1 Canadian Grand Prix Montreal on June 10.

The Canadian Press

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Just Posted

Police name second suspect, lay kidnapping and attempted murder charges in connection with Rudy Johnson Bridge incidents

Drynock is considered dangerous, do not approach him and call the local RCMP detachment immediately

Skeena-Bulkley Valley candidates react to finding Trudeau broke ethics law

The election campaign is heating up before the writ has even dropped

Links probable between homicide, missing persons investigation in Williams Lake

Rich ‘Savage’ Duncan the victim of Aug. 6 homicide

Heiltsuk challenges feds decision to award $67M contract to east coast towing company

Heiltsuk Horizon challenges decision to award emergency ship towing contract to Irving company

Jim Pattison takeover offer ‘non-binding,’ Canfor cautions investors

B.C. billionaire already big shareholder in forest industry

VIDEO: Langley Ribfest met with protesters

Groups that oppose the event for various reasons plan to be on site each of the three days.

Canadians killed in Afghanistan honoured during emotional dedication ceremony

One-hundred-fifty-eight Canadian soldiers died during the mission

It’s snow joke: Up to 30 cm of snow expected to fall in northeastern B.C.

Alaska Highway, Fort Nelson to be hit with August snowstorm, according to Environment Canada

‘I’m just absolutely disgusted’: Husband furious after B.C. Mountie’s killer gets day parole

Kenneth Fenton was sentenced to prison after he fatally struck Const. Sarah Beckett’s cruiser

Sea-to-Sky Gondola in B.C. likely out of commission until 2020

Sea to Sky Gondola carries between 1,500 and 3,000 people every day during the summer season

Helicopter-riding dog Mr. Bentley now featured on cans of new B.C.-made beer

Partial proceeds from every pack go to Children’s Wish

PHOTOS: Weapons seized at Portland right-wing rally, counterprotests

Not all who gathered Saturday were with right-wing groups or antifa

Discussion on grief and loss between Stephen Colbert, Anderson Cooper goes viral

The exchange includes emotional question from Cooper, and outlook on grief as a child

Toronto activist calling on federal parties to nominate more black candidates

Fewer than 20 black Canadians have been nominated so far, including some Liberal MPs seeking re-election

Most Read