Congratulations to this year’s Sir Alexander Mackenzie Secondary School (SAMS) graduates. Grads entertained our questions for you, our readers at Coast Mountain News:
• A future career path plan of mine is the Powerline Technician Apprenticeship Program with BC Hydro.
• There is no one in particular that I’d like to mention.
• Motorcycles and dirt bikes are a passion of mine, as well as hunting, marksmanship and archery.
• My favourite memory from SAMS was the mechanics and welding class I took in Grade 7.
• I would bring an axe as it is a very versatile tool.
• Travelling, business (maybe), pilot (maybe) and go to university.
• Not really anyone but I guess the teachers and my parents.
• I am a huge fan of geography, countries, different places and the world.
• Hanging out with people and Outdoor Ed trips, especially to Calvert Island and Troll Mountain.
• A hatchet
• To do stewardship work on the coast.
• Mr. Boileau and my mom, Dayna Tallio.
• A love to play sports. Volleyball, basketball and soccer are my favourites.
• School trips to Prince George, Vancouver, Quesnel and Hakai.
• A 75 litre hiking bag.
• I just want to travel places and make movies.
• Probably Chase, mostly.
• Probably just all of Mr. Butler’s classes.
• A car battery.
• I will be pursuing mechanical engineering at the University of Victoria.
• All the teachers at my school have helped push me along and I wouldn’t be who I am without them.
• I once shoved my finger up a dead bear’s nose, and I’ve seen a cat being eaten by slugs.
• I poured apple juice in a kids’ noodles, and he punched me in the head.
• It’s hard to say what my future holds for me, but I can only hope what my life looks like. I know that I want to be happy and live freely.
My plan is to study environmental science, work in the forestry industry and make Bella Coola more sustainable.
• I think the people around me have constantly helped me get through anything in and out of school.
• I LOVE tree planting, the outdoors, school and sports.
• My favourite memories of school are all the friends I’ve made and all the sports trips I have been on.
• If I was stranded on a desert island with my classmates, I’d bring Shayleen.
• I want to be a teacher.
• My mom.
• I like sports.
• The 2 band trips I went on.
• I’m going to hike the Appalachian Trail in March of 2022, four to six months of hiking through the U.S.
• I enjoy anything and everything outdoors.
• The Turner Lake Chain Outdoor Ed trip.
• A fishing rod
Check out the grads displayed in Coast Mountain News e-edition.